Make a job out of your passion - Become a pro
You are a passionate diver. And you want to share this passion with others. Then become a dive professional! Whether as an additional income or a new long-term career: As a dive professional, you can pass on your dream to others … and you are under water every day. In our PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Resort, we train you to be an experienced instructor:
Turn your dream into a career: become a Divemaster. This course enhances your knowledge and refines your skills at a professional level.
You will develop your leadership skills and learn to supervise diving activities and assist instructors in their work with student divers.
As a PADI Divemaster you will use your skills to lead, care for and motivate other divers. With this course, you lay the foundation to become a PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
Must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or have an equivalent diver’s license from another dive training organization) and 18 years old
Must be a PADI Rescue Diver (or have an equivalent diver’s license from another dive training organization)
Must have completed Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care within the last 24 months (or can provide equivalent First Aid and CPR training from another organization)
Number of dives: at least 40 dives at the beginning of the course, 60 at time of certification
Inclusive materials: PADI Divemaster Manual, PADI Instructor Manual, RDP Table and eRDPML with associated manuals, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Divemaster Slates and Logbook
- 4 endurance skills and 1 rescue scenario
- 24 demonstratively demonstrated diving skills (skills)
- 1 equipment exchange under alternating breathing
- Emergency plan & underwater map
- Course accompaniments in theory, pool and open water.
- 2 Teaching samples from Discover Scuba Diving, Skin Diving or Scuba Review
- 1 Performing Discover Local Diving
We offer you the following options for your Divemaster training:
Option 1 Divemaster full-time
Duration: 10-14 days (full time)
Plus Crew Pack Divemaster €188.20
Application fee (directly to Padi) €121.20
(prices incl. 24% VAT)
Option 2 Divemaster Internship
About our Divemaster Internship
Many people choose a Divemaster Internship with us because of the good value for money, the warm climate and the wonderful underwater world in our region here in the Mediterranean.
There is also a lot to explore on the Kassandra peninsula.
Dive Club Kassandra also offers the Internship for participants who have never dived in their lives.
If you’ve never dived before, learn the first basics with us at the PADI Open Water Diver Course. Next we go to the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course, Emergency First Responder and PADI Rescue Diver Course.
We would be happy to make you an offer.
This will keep you up to date to master your challenge, the PADI Divemaster course.
In close collaboration with a PADI Instructor, you will learn to develop your diving knowledge and perfect your skills and techniques to a professional level. The Divemaster Training develops your leadership skills and gives you the qualification to monitor diving activities and to assist instructors in the training.
Version 1 (you pay for your education)
Duration: up to 4 weeks
Price: 900.00 € (including Crew Pack Divemaster, PADI application fee and Dive Against Debris Specialty course)
We can organize accommodation from 150,00 € per week
Version 2 (training against cooperation
Working with us means being integrated into a small, family team. As a family business, we maintain good contact with our employees. Joint activities from time to time, even after work and the friendly interaction with each other, is in our interest.
For your application, please prepare a photo and a CV in PDF format and then fill out our ONLINE application.
Familiarize yourself with the preconditions before you apply. We do not process or respond to applications from insufficiently qualified applicants.
- At least 18 years old
- have complete own equipment
- valid medical certificate (not older than 12 months)
- negative Covid – 19 Test (no older than 72 hours on entry to Greece)
- or Covid – 19 vaccine certificate
We offer an Intership to become a PADI DIVEMASTER . The training for the Divemaster also includes the further training to the PADI DSD Leader after completion of the Divemaster training. We provide you with accommodation and train you within 4 weeks. You will have to work for us for at least 2 months afterwards to compensate for accommodation and training costs.
These activities include: assisting instructors in training, accompanying dives, maintaining and preparing equipment, customer support in the Divecenter and diving activities.
- Have at least PADI RESCUE DIVER or equivalent license
- have completed 40 dives BEFORE the start of the Internship to the PADI Divemaster (60 must be by the end)
- the minimum contract period is 3 months
- all general requirements must be met.
- we carry out the training free of charge
- we provide staff accommodation free of charge (no hotel!)
- incl. electricity, water
You will need all materials of the Divemaster Crew Pack to train as a PADI Divemaster. Cost – €289
In connection with your Divemaster course with us we will gladly make you a cheaper complete offer on request.
Necessary training materials can be ordered from us before the start of the training.
- you have to acquire all necessary PADI training materials
- the PADI royalties must be paid by you
- You must have taken out valid international health insurance
- You must take out your own liability insurance after completing your training, before starting work as a PADI Divemaster
- for your food and other costs of daily life will be down to you
Next possible free dates for an Internship to the PADI Divemaster
- May – July 2021
- July – September 2021
- August – October 2021
Instructor Development Course
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) consists of 2 parts:
- Assistant Instructor (AI) course
- Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI). To become PADI OWSI, you must then participate in the Instructor Examination (IE).
Course Content AI
- Self-study PADI IDC eLearning
- Workshops in the classroom
- 2 Theory Presentations of the candidate
- 2 pool or limited open water presentations of the candidate
- 2 open water presentations of the candidate
- 24 Diving Skills “Skill Evaluation”
- 1 Assistant Instructor Standards Exam
Course Content OWSI
- Self-study PADI IDC eLearning
- Workshops in the classroom
- 1 further theory presentations of the candidate
- 2 further pool presentations of the candidates
- 1 further integrated (2 skills) open water presentation of the candidate
- 1 theory examination
- Assessment of water skills
- 3 Rescue Exercise
- PADI Divemaster
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- You also need to be an EFR Instructor. You can earn this rating during your instructor training
AI course 3-5 days
OWSI course 3-5 days
Combined AI and OWSI course 6-10 days
Congratulations! After arriving in Greece, a couple of weeks ago you are now a certified PADI Divemaster, ready to offer your skills and knowledge to divers.
So, what is the next step?
At Dive Club Kassandra we try to offer employment opportunities whenever possible. We prefer to recruit Divemaster’s who have trained with us as they understand how our dive centre operates and have built up plenty of experience on our dive sites.
In terms of training, the next step up from PADI Divemaster is completing the PADI IDC to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
As a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort we run these training courses several times a year.
However, if you are a complete beginner when you arrive here you will need to wait for a period of 6 months after completing your PADI Open Water Diver course before you can start training to become a diving instructor.
If you do wish to continue to the instructor rating, spending some time working as a Divemaster beforehand can be extremely beneficial and is a great way to use your time and earn some money. You also need a minimum of 100 logged dives, but this can easily be achieved using the unlimited diving you get during your divemaster training.
If you fall in love with Greece, as many people do when they visit, the scuba diving industry can offer some great career options. A professional diving qualification can also offer amazing job opportunities worldwide, not only in Greece and it`s beautiful islands.